I love learning about my heritage. I'm proud of the Irish, Italian, Polish and French-Canadian blood that courses through my veins. I'm proud of my great-grandparents who bravely boarded a ship and crossed the Atlantic in search of a better life for their children, and their children's children. But above all, I'm proud to have been adopted through the blood of a Jewish carpenter. I'm proud to call believers of all nationalities and races my brothers and sisters. So today I celebrate those that came before me. I honor my ancestors for the sacrifices they made to give me the life I have. But I remember that my true identity is in Christ, in whom my roots are firmly planted. Christ with me
Christ before me
Christ behind me
Christ within me
Christ beneath me
Christ above me
Christ at my right
Christ at my left
Christ where I sit
Christ where I arise
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me
Christ in the mouth of every man who speaks of me
Christ in every eye that sees me
Christ in every ear that hears me
Salvation is of the Lord
-From the breastplate of St. Patrick
2 comments:
Happy St. Patty's Day Holly! I celebrate the Irish blood with you. And dang it, we need to go to Ireland together!
Hey Holly, thanks for printing out what is on the breast plate of St. Patrick, that was so inspiring. I didn't know about that. I would love to visit Ireland someday,I hope I'm still not saying that 20 years from now. Happy belated St. Patrick's Day...
Post a Comment